- Install a pull-out cabinet shelf. It can easily be installed in existing cabinetry and will make reaching pots and pans so much easier. No more blindly groping around under that counter for that particular pot. With this shelf, you can pull it out and see all your pots laid out before you.
- New handles and a paint job. Putting new, modern handles on your cabinets is one of the easiest, cheapest, pain-free ways to update your kitchen. If you think people don’t notice them, they will when you have beautiful statement knobs. The little things can make a big difference. A paint job is slightly more complicated but can make a huge difference. Paint it up with a bright new color and you will feel like you have a different kitchen entirely.
- New cabinet doors. If you’re willing to splurge a little more, fresh cabinet doors is an option. Consider getting modern ones with windows to display your beautiful dishes. Some people have even started removing the doors entirely – it will give your kitchen a more open feel.
- Add an island. If you have space, an island is a great way to add counter space and character to your kitchen. It doesn’t have to be expensive, and the space under the counter is flexible – put new drawers, display wine, or hide the trash can.
- New in-drawer organizers. Get nicer organizers for your silverware or pot lids. It’s one of those things that is relatively cheap but worth spending more on than the basic plastic stuff from target. It will make your life just a little bit nicer.
- Lighting. Put in lighting under the cabinets so you can brighten up your counter work area. Once you get it, you won’t be able to live without it. It makes chopping tasks so much easier.
- Wallpaper. It can go inside the cabinets themselves or cover up a lame backsplash for a fresh look.
In these days, with big families and busy lives, having a beautiful, efficient kitchen is more important than ever. But it’s expensive to get things redone. Tearing out cabinetry and waiting for construction to be done just isn’t an option for a lot of people. But that’s not necessary to refresh your kitchen. There are a lot of little things you can do that will make a big difference in the cleanliness and organization of your kitchen.