- Stay on top of your leftovers. One of the easiest ways to keep up with the rest of your kitchen is to keep an inventory of your refrigerator on a regular basis. Instead of letting it clutter with old leftovers, toss the foods you know you won’t touch or encourage family members to take what’s left with them. This will leave you ample space for storage throughout the holiday season.
- Immediately put things away as you use them. If you have a family, this is a great way to get the kids involved in the process as well. As you’re cooking, encourage your little one to help you take care of ingredients as you use them. This keeps them from getting their hands on something they shouldn’t, like a hot stove, and helps you to keep your kitchen clean in the process.
- Start with a freshly cleaned space. If you spend a chunk of time thoroughly cleaning your kitchen before any of the holiday mayhem you’ll be able to start with a fresh area that you’ll have more incentive to keep clean. So, roll up your sleeves and commit to the deep clean.
- Soak your dishes. By keeping some soapy warm water in your sink you’ll be able to toss dishes in as you go and by the time you’re ready to wash them they’ll be extremely easy to clean. This will speed up your cleanup process every time tenfold.
- Don’t over decorate. While we all love a few good holiday decorations, too many can clutter your kitchen and leave you with even less space to work. Instead, keep the more intense decorating in other areas of your home and try to limit yourself in the kitchen!
The holiday season can be a stressful time for everyone, and with a family keeping your home clean can seem like an impossible task. The kitchen is the number one culprit of collecting messes since it’s the centerpiece of every holiday due to all of the delicious foods that you’ll be cooking. Here are five tips to keep your kitchen clean this holiday season: